Thursday, January 21, 2016

Impact of your Friendship

How many people do we meet everyday?
How many of these people touch our lives deeply?
How many become a part of it?
How many stay forever?

We meet many but only few of them have an impact on our lives. And maybe one or two of those stay forever. However, those who stay are more often than not the ones who deserved to.

One such person, in my life, is my dear friend Amo. Amo has been my friend since we were in kindergarten. It is one of those friendships that they make chick-flicks about, like Bridesmaids, etc.
She and I have been friends for more than twenty years now and I think her friendship has had a deep impact on me. She has taught me many things, but the most important of those things is to care.

One of the most important times in a student's life is 12th class. It is the defining year which decides many things. And being a student of science, the stress multiplies a thousand times. Amo had humanities and she was very nervous. The rising cut-off each year in DU colleges is enough to give someone insomnia during result time. It was the end of May and we were eagerly waiting for our results. Our exams went fine but can one really predict anything! Tension was building with each passing day. Finally came the day of the result. I asked Amo to check my result as she does every time. So, Amo called me back after a few moments having seen both of results. She topped her school with a classy 95%. I, on the other hand, barely made past eighty. It broke my heart. I had scored more in the pre boards and everyone was confident that I would make it at least to ninety. The result shattered me but I was happy for Amo.

Amo, being the girl she is, started crying. I was so shocked to see that. It broke my heart to see someone who just outdid everyone crying her heart out for me. She should have been out celebrating and jumping with joy, but she was there with me crying on my shoulder and me consoling her. I shook me to my very core to see her cry just for me on the happiest day of her life so far.

That is the day I realized just how much she cares for me. I couldn't sleep that night. It still gives me goose bumps. And I just want to say thank you to her, for without her my life would not be complete. Amo, nobody has had an impact on me as much as you have. You are the sister I never had and I hope we remain like this forever.
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment