Thursday, January 21, 2016

Peppy things for a Happy Start to the Day


I don't know about you, but, I don't wake up bubbly and peppy. It takes effort to get there. Some days, a lot of effort. You know, those days when you wish the night would just continue an the darkness would engulf all the light, so you could sleep peacefully without a care in the world. However, that never happens. We must drag ourselves out of the bed and prepare to fight the day ahead. But no one likes the company of negative people, hence we must act happy. And in order to act happy, I need take help. Here is a list of things that I do to get in a peppy and happy mood:
  
    1) Music: Yes, Good, peppy Music. The kind that just makes you groove. My favorite these days is "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. I don't know what we did before this song. It is a revelation. The beat, lyrics, melody all just combines in one feel good number. Another is "Eye of the Tiger" by Katy Perry. It is a song which is very energizing. The lyrics ....



"You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready 'cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh"



If this doesn't get you fired up and ready to face the day, I don't know what will. I use these songs as my alarm tunes and I wake up with a smile.

      2) Cold Showers: Hot Shower is good for relaxing after a tiring day at work. But, if the weather is warm, then there is nothing like a cold shower to fuel you. It makes you feel fresh and alive. So, cleanse off all the lazy and take a cold shower.
     3)Exercise: I know it is hard to get up early to exercise everyday but, trust me, It way better than anything else at making you feel energetic. It is not only recommended for health reasons but also a great stress buster. After a good exercise session, you feel like you can do anything. You are pumped up for the day. I highly recommend it. I run for about 45 mins daily and it way better than coffee.

4)  Breakfast: There is nothing like a good sumptuous breakfast to charge you and get you in a happy peppy mood. My favourite is oats with a glass of Orange juice. Pick something light but satisfying for your breakfast that fights the lazy and cranky mood away.
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.





No comments:

Post a Comment