Thursday, November 8, 2018

2018

Turbulent: the perfect word for this year so far. I honestly have no idea why so much happened. The start was good, it brought a promise of new possibilities and new friendships. The roller coaster was going up and up. Memorable time spent with good friends, even though the job was becoming more taxing and I had more responsibilities. Then gravity took it's toll. Everything that goes up, must come down, and so did my world. I realized not everything is as it looks, people aren't what they claim to be. No matter how much one thinks one knows a person, there are bound to be surprises.

The friendships that I began to cherish turned out to be rotten and toxic traps. I walked. I got over them. However, I wasn't unscathed. Everything was now up to examination: HOW DID I NOT SEE? HOW COULD I BE SO BLIND? If it is one thing I have always trusted, it is my judgement of people's character. My judgement has saved me all these years, but this year shook my belief. I no longer trust a person or my understanding of them. I think my model needs more feedback to be stronger.

The damage incurred this year did one thing good; it broke my complacency. I was adjusting to my new life, enjoying it even. But this is not my destination. It is not how I want to it settle. All this chaos helped me gain my perspective and re-imagine what I wanted my life to be.....

So, 2018 thank you for everything. All the good times and the bad. All the people I got to know. They were all lessons and I hope I am better prepared for life. Heartbreak was terrible, and I am still picking up the pieces, but I do hope I will mend one day and there won't be much scar tissue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment