Saturday, September 17, 2022

regret

 you said you saw you in me

that's how we began

a lot of words

almost a small lifetime spent 

over coffee and laughs silly

among the stars

 

You saw a part of me

I kept hidden, almost buried

you said you understood

I laid my heart bare


nights spent discussing the days dailys

your misfortunes

my sarcasm

seemed like a perfect match


We lost track of time

every time

I thought it was one-of-a-kind


It's been a year since

I first laid eyes on you

the very first time we forgot there was a world outside us two


Now all I have is pain

the voice I longed to hear

is now one I dread

I thought it was pure, but it was rotten

all I have is regret

 

You picked the crack 

you knew would fissure the worst

the jabs didn't stop

you turned it into a caustic hell

What did I do to deserve that?

Tell me, was it how much I cared

or was it too honest for your shallow self


Is it all I meant to you

8 hours is all it took for you to seek another

I had to walk away

the ashes of what it was

chocked me, me gasping for some breath

 

Meaningless for you, haunting for me

I hope you get exactly what your deserve

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment