Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Unlocking Trauma

 Body keeps the score...... at least that's the popular dictum these days. Over the years, I thought pushing it all down and trying to forget everything will work for me. Clearly, I have failed. 

 

I started this year sick and in bed, hating every second, every breath. It propelled me to get up and get working. I workout, even if its just Yoga, every day now. But what's been most life changing is intermittent fasting. Every day I fast for somewhere between 20 to 23 hours. I have felt dizzy and weak some days but almost all these days, I feel re-traumatized. Every single day, near the end, I feel numb and depressed all over again. It is as if all the trauma was stored in my fat cells that leeching out as they break. I don't have any insightful words on how to overcome it right now but I am living one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment